poniedziałek, 14 listopada 2011

Natural farming

I have been doing natural farming since years. I have been spreading seeds of different plants around my land. After some time I encounter in these already forgotten places herbs, fruit trees, fruit bushes, flowers and other interesting plants. Besides, my land have for me its own suprises. Sometimes I find forgotten plants which probably ex owner of my land planted. So I find flowers, bushes and even wild vegetables or beer plant :)))

Here I have found interesting link about natural farming:
http://www.naturalfarming.eu/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47&Itemid=53&lang=en

My natural farming is different, because the climate is here different than this one in Japan. We don't have here between autumn and spring wet season but frosty dead season usually with lots of snow.


Also making clay balls  here is no use, especially if big part of my land is already made of clay which is not good soil for growing any plants. So, in order to make sure, that the seeds which I spread can have chance to grow - I choose places with uncover soil - prefarably black, fertile soil.

Such places are made by wild pigs and moles. Often also by my farm animals - with their legs.

If I want to grow a fruit tree in the place where is clay - I make a whole in the clay and put there seeds and cover them with fertile soil or old weathered manure in order to make this spot better place for easy growth of the young plant.

Today I planted some very sweet and tasty fruit trees - apple trees. Tomorrow I am going to plant some seeds of pears and maybe other fruit trees. At first I intended to grow these trees in home in small pots, but I think it would be easier for me to plant them directly into the soil, because the seeds need to undergo frost in order to be ready start growing in the spring. Besides working at my farm lonely - I need to save my forces and do minimal work as possible, because I have a lot of tasks in front of me. So for me it is easier to plant the seeds directly into the soil than into small pots in the house and then to replant them into the soil, because replanting takes more time.

3 komentarze:

  1. This is nice post. Sustainable agriculture is a surprisingly common sense approach to the surrounding environment as part of your life. Here are the core principles of sustainable agriculture in a particular element and examples outlined in the first series of elements within a system function.

    permaculture

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Post writing is also a excitement, if you know afterward
    you can write oor else it is complex to write.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. Great blog! Is your theme custom ade or did yyou download
    it from somewhere? A design like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make my blog
    stand out. Please let me know where yyou got your theme.

    Apprrciate it

    OdpowiedzUsuń

Zapraszam na warsztaty permakulturalne na moim Rancho :)

Ziemia się szybciej kręci i czas szybciej ucieka

Ja to czuję od dłuższego czasu, że czas szybciej biegnie niż dawniej. Sądzę, że to ma związek z tym, że Ziemia zwiększyła obroty. Brakuje mi...